Saturday, March 6, 2010

no sleep, no flight (ice breaker tt 2010)

What can I say? Great team showing for the first two races of the year--flashing the green, black, and white. Often just a blur as there are so many strong folks on the team.

It’s been a rough start for me. I swear I saw a turtle pass me at Ice Breaker. I’ve been messing with my fit after getting a new seat post (78/80 degree), I’ve slept no more than 4hrs before each race, and tried to minimize riding my TT bike (outside) to twice in the last 6 months. Although, I like making things as hard as I can, I think I’ve been beaten this time.

For Ice Breaker, I remembered to start the Garmin 500 (forgot to do that in Frost Bite) and I have the data. I might regret that, as my AP was only 216. That's what I normally do for a 4 hr ride. Wow, that’s terrible. The last time I did a 20 minute test on this course, I did 270 AP. Well, I guess there’s always next time.

On the bright side, the team has been great! Check out the video, a photo montage and a video of Bart hammering off the line. Warning: middle age man undressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment